Help for Buyers
Registration: If you are an apparel reseller and you have NOT registered to use the Virtual Rags catalog before please click the REGISTER button and complete the information form.
- Click the register button on the upper left side of our home page.
- Fill in all of the information requested so that we may process your registration application.
- After you complete the form please click the button at the bottom of the screen ‘Update My Account’, this will save your information.
- Next please click the ‘Buying Profile’ tab near the top center of your screen. Check mark all of the appropriate information in the ‘Buying Profile’. If you have questions please click the (?) on the Profile page for more information. There are detailed instructions below for completing this task.
Log In: If you are already registered to use the Virtual Rags catalog and your account has been activated, * you may confirm your log In by viewing your name displayed in the upper left of the page under the text 'You are logged in'.
- If your name is displayed then you are already logged in.
- If your name is NOT displayed, then type your e-mail address and password in the appropriate boxes at the upper left of your screen and click the LOGIN button. You should see your billing and shipping addresses appear, if it displays you may start searching the catalog for products using the fly out menu. See Product Search instructions below.
- If it doesn’t please email me at once (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will diagnose the problem and email you when you can use the system.
*(We will confirm via phone call or email)Lost Password: If you have registered but you do NOT remember your password, click the text 'forgot password' and type your e-mail address into the appropriate space. (Type in the email address you used when you registered in the catalog) Click the SEND button below and your password will be emailed to you immediately.
Change Email: If you change your email address you do NOT need to register again.
- If your name appears in the upper left corner then click the 'My Account' text to view your contact information. Scroll down to the EMAIL space and type your new email address over the old one, then move to the bottom of the page and click the 'update my account' text to save the new address.
- If your name does NOT appear then you should follow the instructions for a lost password and log-in using the OLD information. Once your name appears then you may click the 'My Account' text and edit your e-mail address as described above.
Buying Profile: This catalog is designed to alert you every time a new product is added that meets your store's needs. After you register you should update your buying profile so that you only receive the correct new items in your daily New Item Alert.
- You should perform this task during your registration process, the more accurate your profile is the better we can help you track all new items that may be of value to your business.
- Your profile is entered using the check boxes to the right of each category heading. If you click the top size level (Men's, Women's, etc.) you will select ALL subcategories below them! (Junior, Missy, Plus, etc.) To select a specific subsize you must DESELECT the main size by clicking it's check box.
- You may select only the subsizes that meet your needs by clicking the (+) to the left of a main size (Men's, etc) to view the subsizes (Men's Regular Size, Men's Big and Tall). Then select only those subsizes which are important to your business. The next subcategory will allow you to refine your profile to a specific store type (Active/Fitness, Sportswear, Urban, etc. (For more information click the (?) on the Buying Profile Page).
- Select ALL of the Qualities that you purchase for your store.
- The next box asks about the Pricing of the products you buy. This means ‘do you buy full price merchandise directly from manufacturers and/or off-price merchandise (closeouts)? Check ALL that apply.
- If you wish to make a change to your profile you will need to use the same method, but you will only need to make them to the specific size range/products in which your needs have changed.
- You do NOT need to save this form after you complete it, each entry is saved as you enter it for your convenience.
Product Search Instructions: Determine whose products you wish to search.